Monday, May 11, 2009

The Perfect Sunday

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day! My Sunday was awesome. I took my mom out to lunch at one of our favorite Sunday restaurants, Market City Cafe in Burbank, CA. They are an Italian cafe, serving pastas, paninis, pizzas, and tapas. On Sundays, the restaurant brings in a four-piece string quartet to play during Brunch from 11-3. So essentially, you get a free concert while you enjoy a great meal! It is quite a deal. The quartet takes requests and uses a HUGE book of sheet that includes everything including classical favorites, legendary movie scores, and popular music. My mom always requests music from her favorite musical, West Side Story.



The other reason I love this place is a litte random and out of the ordinary. They have the BEST ice tea. Seriously...it's the best I have ever had. The hot bread isn't bad either! Just look at the presentation.



We shared an appetizer of caprese and for my main course, I had my usual -- the lasagna. Lasagna isn't usually a favorite of mine but for some reason, I just love it here. They gave me such a huge portion that I got two very decent sized meals out of it!




The meal was amazing, complete with great company and music. I highly recommend the Market City Cafe if you are ever in Burbank of a Sunday afternoon. The prices are very reasonable and, hey, you get a free concert!

That's all for now,

ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment